Our Mission, Philosophy and Goals
Our philosophy and mission
AAPINA serves as the unified voice for Asian American Pacific Islander (AAPI) nurses around the world. AAPINA strives to positively affect the health and well-being of AAPIs and their communities by:
- supporting AAPI nurses and nursing students around the world through research, practice, and education;
- facilitating and promoting networking and collaborative partnerships; and
- influencing health policy through individual and community actions.
- To network and address the health care and nursing concerns of AAPI nurses in the United States, its territories, and in other countries
- To identify the health care needs of AAPIs.
- To formulate and implement strategies to act on issues, legislation and public policies affecting the health of AAPIs.
- To collaborate with other health and professional organizations that support the mission of AAPINA.
- To promote professional development of members through training and education.