Ethnic Minority Nursing Award
AWARD AMOUNT: $800
GOAL: The goal of the AAPINA ETHNIC MINORITY Nursing Award is to support a pilot study that addresses issues to improve the health of Asian Americans or Pacific Islanders.
ELIGIBILITY: Applicant must
1. Have been an active AAPINA member for two years PRIOR to application
2. Currently hold an active AAPINA membership.
3. Be an Asian American or Pacific Islander Nurse
4. Be a graduate nursing student
1. Must be completed in 1 year
2. Must disseminate findings: submit an abstract to AAPINA conference or other professional/scientific conferences
3. CV or biosketch
4. Two letters of reference
5. Submit a 2-page (single space) proposal: In the 2 page requirement for the Award narrative should include the following:
- Clinical question (s)
- Theoretical framework/model
- Methodology (include sample, instruments, & data analyses)
1. Significance of the study
2. Investigators’ experience/background
HOW TO APPLY
Please provide the following information electronically in one e-mail (ATTN: Ethnic Minority Nursing Award): (a) two page research proposal; (b) updated CV or biosketch, and (c) two letters of reference. This package should be sent to the Awards Committee Chair, Dr. Rei Serafica at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TIMELINE FOR APPLICATION
Application deadline: February 4, 2017 (PST)
Deadline for Committee decision: February 18, 2017
The Award will be presented at the Spring Annual AAPINA Conference.