The Asian American/Pacific Islander Nurses Association (AAPINA) is pleased to award $1,000 to one of its members pursuing an undergraduate or a graduate nursing degree. The purpose of this scholarship is to support nursing education for AAPINA members and thus enhance the contribution of our membership in achieving AAPINA’s core mission.
- Two years of AAPINA membership and active membership for current year.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or graduate nursing program (masters or doctoral)
- Evidence of excellent academic performance (GPA > 3.5/4.0)
- Personal essay addressing leadership potential and commitment to serving AAPINA (1-2 pages)
- Two letters of recommendation from academic faculty/advisors/supervisor/mentors addressing the following areas: 1) academic performance, 2) leadership, and 3) commitment to diversity
______1. Complete and submit the Scholarship Application
______2. Send in your curriculum vitae
______3. Submit a personal essay addressing your previous/current leadership activities/ leadership potential to contributing to AAPINA (1-2 typed pages)
______4. Submit two letters of recommendation from academic faculty/advisors/ supervisor/mentors addressing the following areas: 1) academic performance, 2) leadership, and 3) commitment to diversity
SELECTION OF RECIPIENTS
The selection will be based on the student’s overall academic progress, extracurricular activities, leadership skills, and participation in AAPINA.
TIMELINE FOR APPLICATION
Application deadline: February 4, 2017
Deadline for Committee decision: February 18, 2017
NOTICE OF THE AWARD
The Award will be presented at the Spring Annual AAPINA Conference.
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
Dr. Rei Serafica, Chair of the Awards Committee, email@example.com.